Today we’re obsessed with speed, but God is more interested in strength and stability than swiftness. Rick Warren
“You have begun to live the new life, in which you are being made new and are becoming like the One who made you.” (Colossians 3:10a NCV)
“becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.” (2 Corinthians 3:18b Msg)
As I look at my growth with Jesus, I realize how slow I am to learn, I gave my life to Chirst as an adult in 35 yrs. ago.
God has been showing me lesson over and over in the last 35 yrs. He has not left me to toddle on my own He has and is with me every step of the way.
I am so thankful for the neighbors who stopped every Sun. to pick me up, for without their faitfullness to God's service I would have not had the seeds planted in me as a child and teen to bring me to that committment 35 yrs. ago.
I realize God is growning me slowly just as he drove out the nations little by little for the Israelites, he his driving out sin from my life. (see Dueteronomy 7:22)
This too is how an investigation, trial and conviction of those who have broken the law works. It is a "marathon not a sprint" as Chief Weeks states.
If God purposefully works slowly in us, then it is only right that our laws work the same. For just as we will reap the benefits of our faithfullness, the law will reap justice for the innocent.
Thank you Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment