An old habit I have is one of thinking on those things that have hurt, angered and destroyed myself or my family. I would dwell over and over on the act or words that caused these things. Telling and re-telling it to others that would listen or were held captive to my rambling on and on.
My last post I shared how the "uninvited guests" are thoughts that tear down and do not build up. It seems I was inviting these thoughts, making them welcome so I could stay in my state of being wronged.
Joyce Meyers practices the exercise of "on purpose think sessions." I am adapting this exercise to become a part of my everday routine.
If I stay in the thoughts I have when John Skelton stays mute on where Andrew, Alex and Tanner are or on what he has done to them, then I become bitter and hateful.
This I cannot allow, for then I become sinful and go against God's will for me.
So, instead I put out all those negative thoughts and replace them with "God thoughts." (my own) The way to do this is to be in His word not just daily but all day long!
How do we do this, like the good friend stopping by and quoting the scripture, we lay it up in our hearts and minds.
Pick today the scripture you can recite over and over throughout the day, until you know it.
Next time the "uninvited guests" arrive in your mind, you will show them out with the Word of God.
A second post later today to express my thoughts on Sat. nights Reward Auction.
No comments:
Post a Comment