Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Uninvited Guests"

My thoughts this morning turn to once again Joyce Meyer's book, "Power Thoughts." 

Joyce shares insight into our thinking and today I was reading on "uninvited guests" of the mind."  These are those thoughts that come to us from nowhere and are not for lifting up but tearing down, steering us off course. 

The exercise she suggests is  to, "gird up the lions," of our minds.

I went to Websters-Merriman to find the meaning of gird:

1. encircle or bind, make fast, surround; 2. provide, equip, invest; 3. prepare. 

I pull from this that as I invest time in the word and prayer I am preparing for all of lifes journeys, the joys and the sorrows.  As I bind upon my heart and mind with the word of God, I make fast the ability to recall scripture at just the right moment I will need it.

On Monday of this weeek a dear Christian woman stopped to say Hi on her morning walk.  In our brief chat, she shared with me scripture that she and her husband mediate on daily.  This quoting of the scriptures from the heart impressed me with, here is a woman who has invested time in the word, surronding herself in it and equipped to share and not be ashamed.

I thank you Jesus for those followers you send to us to be the examples in life we need to encourage us in our living for you.  I pray that I can someday be this example to another.

The scripture I am brought to once again would be Ephesians 6:10-18, I will not quote it here, I leave it to you to look up and draw on for yourself.

I invite you to comment on what it is you draw from scripture, for I need your thoughts.  I only pray you gain from mine.

Next post on Joyce Meyers' "On-Purpose Thinking."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment