Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquakes and Tidal Waves

My thoughts and prayers turn to Japan, Hawaii and the west coast as we hear the news this morning. 


We have had two nephews in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii, one nephew and his family still live there.  Our Japanese niece's family are in Japan.  We know that the family in Hawaii are safe as they are on higher ground. We have not heard if our nieces families in Japan are safe.


We are just one of many lives who are effected directly by this news, yet all of us in this world should be effected, if we are living according to God's word. 


As Christians we pray for all the brothers and sisters and so I post, "Let's get on our knees and pray." (I take this lead from my friend Pat Hogan as she posted on her fb page).


I join with others in the belief we need to be in prayer daily; not just in times of need.  I challenge you to take a look at your prayer life as I take a look at mine.  Are you ready for the next earthquake or tidal wave?

No comments:

Post a Comment