This was written 7 days ago:
Pain grips at my whole being, I am struggling to know just what to pray, so I hold on to the knowledge that Christ’s spirit will pray for me when my sobs are too deep for words.
I am writing this just days after the word came to us that the investigation has changed from kidnapping to a murder investigation. It is not a secret but will not be released to the media until the authorities present a package to the prosecutor. They say this will give us, the family, time to grieve and to keep us from being sought out by the media.
Three lives may have been cut short according to the plan God had for them here on earth. Or could it be that Andrew age 9, Alexander age 7, and Tanner age 5, have done more to further the Kingdom of God than many of us ever will.
Lives are changed because of these three boys, parents spending more time with their children, families reuniting and many turning to their faith in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
Not being able to talk to others about this development makes me feel dishonest. As a family we are avoiding our community until the news release is over and all of you know.
We now face even longer days and waiting.
My prayer has been that God would reach John Skelton’s heart, that he would come forth with the truth of where the boys are. I do not know how to pray anymore, yet I must be faithful to continue praying for the man who knows the truth to tell.
I search the scriptures trying to find the “Hope” and the “Joy” that is promised and I question, “What God did you mean when you lead me to these scriptures so many weeks ago?”
Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold firmly to the hope that we have confessed because we can trust God to do what he promised.”
My prayer Lord, is to help me continue to confess my hope in you and trust you to do what you promised. In Jesus Name Amen
Very well said, Bev.
ReplyDeleteJo
My heart goes out to you and your family. I too pray every day that John finally comes to his senses and finally tells you where the boys are so you and your extended family can go on. I am here if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteLove,Crystal
God be with you and all your family. I so hoped the boys were hidden and cared for somewhere...but alas, they may be safe with our heavenly Father. And may He touch John's heart to reveal the truth as only he can.
ReplyDeleteBev, your faith and devotion to our Heavenly Father and to your family, through anyones worst imaginable nightmare, has shown myself and many others what a true Christian and a server to the Lord looks and acts like in times of tragic events. For this example you have set fouth for so many is truely an act of God working through you!! May you find and feel peace within yourself and your entire family in time and know that God has chosen you all to teach us what faith,love, patience, kindness are at all times meant to be. Although my heart aches tremendously for the pain and suffering you're all enduring,,I as an outsider can see a halo of love & strength around your family that is a supernatural gift from above, that no man on earth could ever waver. love, peace, and joy upon you all,with God's adorning presence. your friend, Becky
ReplyDelete