Sunday, February 27, 2011

Attitude

I began this posting on Thurs. Feb. 24th, left it for a few days, I finished it today Sun. Feb. 27th.

I have started a book written by Joyce Meyer, "Power Thoughts", thank you Pokey for sending this to me.  As I open the pages and read the introduction I see this is a follow up to her "Battle of the Mind."  Maybe I should purchase this book before I continue, I have not decided if I need to do that or not.

Reading on attitude, I reflect on the emotions I have that effect my attitude.  Unfortunatley I allow the "storms" in life to feed into depression.  I allow thoughts to replay over and over in my mind sinking me deeper into depression. 

For two weeks now I have been partially removed from my scripture reading and hearing what God has for me.  I have been troubled that I am "angry" without the feeling of anger.  How does this make sense, I do not know.

I can choose my attitude according to Joyce Meyer, this is what God wants for me to do.  Choosing my thoughts that determine my attitude, now this I need to work on! 

I reflect on Pastor Donna's series on "The full armor of God."  I can choose to put the "shield" of "faith" in front of me, the "sword" of "truth" in my words and the "helment" of "salvation" on my head. (Ephesians 6:13-17)

I believe in this choice of putting on my full armor, I can protect and choose my thoughts.  When I choose my thoughts, I can control depression moods and the anger will not grow to the nature of a sinful attitude. 

"In your anger do not sin...." Ephesians 4:26a (Psalm 4:4)

Thank you Jesus for drawing me to those teachings and scriptures that bring me back in line with your thoughts and attitudes.  Amen

P.S. For those of you following the progress of the boys and the charges given to John Skelton.  This past weeks release of the 6 new charges, 3 each of "involuntary imprisonment" and "kidnapping," is our legal system working.  Please know that I have every confidence in this legal process, it may seem slow to many, yet keep in mind when the trial is finally set, the jurors slected (if indeed they are) and the evidence presented, John Skelton will recieve the punishment due him.  For myself, for Tanya and the family along with all of you we will be able feel good that we waited and allowed the legal system to work for the good.

In my next post, I will share with you the pride of this grandparent as I watched the sportsmanship of the best wrestlers in the state of MI.

1 comment:

  1. Bevie--remember to write daily in your book the things you are grateful for--this does not mean you have to be grateful for the events surrounding our beloved boys--example: we can be grateful that we have the capacity for pain & tears--and if we can still hand over to God all the burdens & (I know: easy to say), the good news is that the real cure is time--for some reason God designed this process and it has to run it's course.

    ReplyDelete