Friday, February 18, 2011

Prayer For Closure

This post is difficult to write, as I have experienced another difficult week.  Satan tried hard to get to me, or maybe it was just the reality of what has happened to our family since Sept 13th.  That being the date when John Skelton first went to Florida with Andrew and Alex (Tanner clung to his Mother not wanting to go) for what he says was a "vacation." 

On Nov. 26th the same suceeded in his intent to take from our daughter Tanya, Andrew, Alex and Tanner.  We have not seen the boys since Nov. 24th, the day they were to spend the night and Thanksgiving until 3 p.m. on the 26th with their father.

Those who live in Morenci experienced with us the over whelming presence of law enforcement agencies and news reporters.  An Amber Alert for the boys, searches for them continued into the following week.

We were told that the investigation was not favorable of finding the boys alive, yet over 100 leads were followed up on over the days, weeks and months to locate the them.  "Hope" was kept alive by many for the safe return of them.  John Skelton was lodged in jail on "parental kidnapping" and "contmept of court" charges.

Eleven days ago a news conference informed the public that the investigation has turned to a murder investigation, but at this time no new charges have been filed against John Skelton the primary suspect.

We continue to hold on to what I call a "glimmer of hope" that the boys will be discovered alive.  Even as the investigators feel differently and want us all to be prepared, I believe in miracles and I believe in God.

I now come to the purpose of this post, "closure" meaning the unknown of the location of the three boys become known.

This brings me to my prayer and the request for all to lift this or a similar prayer to our Lord and Savior, the one and only who is faithful to hear our prayers and answer us.

Dear Lord, it is my prayer that the location of Andrew, Alex and Tanner Skelton be known.  I ask that you put into the mind of the person or persons a conviction so strong it will not leave them.  If alive, cause them to recognize the face of one or all three of the boys and come forward.  If deceased, cause the owner or owners of the land where they lie to discover their remains.  They may be in a remote place on a parcel of land, make the conviction so strong that this place has to be visited.  When the person or persons visit the place where one or more of the boys lay then I ask you are with them giving them the strength to endure what they discover.  They will have nightmares and I ask that you give them your peace and rest to know they have done a good thing. Bring our boys home so that not only we the family can have closure but that the country can have it too.  Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen

9 comments:

  1. I do pray and have always prayed something.g very similar to this Bev and will continue to do so until those sweet little boys are home no matter what the reality is. God bless you all and know I hold you all in my heart with the lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREEMENT…
    “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.” Matthew 18:19

    Bev,

    Where 2 or more of Jesus' followers are gathered together in His name——we can come into harmony or pray in agreement.

    I believe there are many who will join you in this special request and I believe God will hear us and answer us. He has never failed us yet. Praise His Name forever!
    JoRea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev,

    I could not have prayed a more touching prayer. I know God is listening and I pray that his arms keep wrapping around you all. I to pray similarly for closure and ask that peace be brought to your hearts. My love and prayers to you,

    Shelly, and Twins of course

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!
    We as christian's know GOD has a plan for all of us, we may never know what that is, we are told not to question him, at times it is difficult not to.
    Our faith alone will get us through. I have no idea how you and your family deal with this every day, I know for me alone it has been difficult. FAITH is the answer. No matter where the boys are, how they are found, the nation has hope and prayed for them and your entire family.
    You must know how much you are all loved, and cherished in our home town.
    God be with you,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev~ As I read your post my Heart aches for each and every one of you.
    I will always have that "glimmer of hope" as well that Alexander` Andrew and Tanner will be returned home safely.
    I know that you are all getting your Strength from God` as well as from all the people that Love you and those who send their Thoughts and Prayers to you all Each and Every Day~
    With much Love`
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev,
    I have printed your prayer and I will carry it with me to remind me that I need to contiue to pray for all of you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, I too hold that glimmer of hope and alway's will until there is some kind of closer, God be with each and every one of you. please tell Tanya, I have never believed any of the rumor's about her and you all hold you're head's high, God will guide you through thesehorrible times.. all my love and prayer's to you all...Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is mandy-

    I love this family whole hearted i do not know a stronger more loving family than Don Bev and their crew! Please continue to pray, pray pray for the boys, the family all the little hearts at their school and for closure, I Love you guys!...
    Miss you and Love you Andrew (stuck like glue) Alex (mr. Fix it)& Tanner (story tellin nut) ..
    LOVE, Mandy,Cody,Josh,Michael and David

    ReplyDelete