Good Morning Friends, I begin by thanking you for stopping by and commenting on my posting. I want to especially thank you for the prayers. Last night as I was unable to sleep anticipating the news conference that will take place today, I went to the Word and Prayer. I went to the gospels and Paul's letters.
The phrase "God Can" from the song by Geron Davis & Nancy Gordon plays in my mind, thank you Jo for sharing.
This morning I turned to Romans 5:1-5, and I am reminded to "rejoice in my suffering," suffeirng = patience, patience = character, character = hope. Romans 5:5 "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." NIV
Hope in Christ Jesus, for he died for me, Bev Zuvers that I might live eternally, my suffering today and in the weeks to come is building me for the Kingdom of God, in this I give thanks.
"God can."
I want to add that my struggle with "friendships" continues to be ever present in this time of need, I need you and you need me. I continue to pray that God will work on me, that I will be able to ignore the "rumors" to continue to trust Him to bring to me those who build up and do not tear down. Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." NIV Thank you Pokey for sharing this verse with me.
"God can."
I continue to be a vessel God is working on, molding me to be the person he created me to be.
"God can."
Dear Bev,
ReplyDeleteWhat a Friend we have in Jesus…all our sins and griefs to bear…What a privilege to carry…Everything to God in prayer. :)
You are a beautiful person with a beautiful spirit that God is using reflect His light and His glory. He shines best through a vessel that is broken :)
He, the Potter takes the clay (us), applies the right amount of pressure (using circumstances and other things) adds lubricant— oil of the Holy Spirit to make the clay (us) mold to the shape He has in mind. If there is a flaw, He throws it down again on the wheel and begins again molding and shaping for His purpose. His hands are strong and firm but never crushing or bruising the object of His love.
It reminds me of the chorus:
LET THE BEAUTY OF JESUS
(Words by Albert Orsbon)
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me
All His wonderful passion and purity
O my Savior divine, all my being refine
Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me
You shine Bev. I see Grace in you. You are my sister in Christ and I love you.
Jo