My day began by joining Don and Tanya to attend Dallas and RyLee's basketball games. Their teams played their best and we cheered them on. However, they gave up the win to Fayette. JD and his team mates held an invitational in Hudson and we wait to hear how they did, and if JD was able to take any of his matches.
I now sit here in my recliner after a short nap, Tanya lies in hers taking a nap. Don has the TV on in the family room and watches yet another game with Dallas and RyLee. Kennadi and Maizy have been listening to music on a DVD player in the basement and come to join us, being ever so quiet not to disturb the peace.
Jenny's family is home from South Bend, once again for the death of a grandparent, Edsel DeMerritt passed this morning. Being a man of God is was the spiritual leader of the family. Todd's family will honor Edsel in the days to follow celebrating his life and mourning the relationships they had with him. Friends will come together to share their sorrow and lend support; already the food is being prepared and dropped off to sustain them.
Tennille's family has come to support Todd and Jenny and the family at Todd's mothers home. All but Ashlyn are here, she has gone to be with her boyfriend, Jordan and his family, for they too have lost a loved one. They too will honor and celebrate a life they will miss. In their home they too will be receiving food and support.
Death is God's plan for all, we are all here for but a short time and then we pass on into eternity. How we spend our time in eternity is destined by how we spend our time here on earth. I choose to spend it with Him in heaven.
Psalm 23 is the chapter we turn to at a time of death, these words speak to me today. As I read I am reminded I have everything I need. The waters are rough while I wait, yet God is leading me to the calmness. I am weak, yet strong in Christ. God has given me the right path to take, and so I continue on for it is His name I honor. It is hard to not be afraid in this dark valley, yet I know God is with me. He is the walking stick I am leaning on.
Some pictures that were taken this fall on our last camping trip were of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, each boy picked up and used a walking stick. In one I see their cousin Mason has one too. It brings a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat, to see these cousins doing this. Their Great Papa Bus always picked up a stick when he was out walking or camping. Next year I will join the kids and pick out a stick to walk with and then tell them how we can trust God to be our walking stick in life to lean on.
Life here on earth continues with a normalcy of sorts for us, but not the one we have known prior to Fri. Nov. 26, 2010. The waiting for the phone to ring telling Tanya she needs to prepare for a homecoming, that the boys have been found.
Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, pick up a walking stick, God is with you and we are waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment