Definition of DESPERATE - Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary
1a : having lost hope <a desperate spirit crying for relief>
1b : giving no ground for hope <the outlook was desperate>
2a : moved by despair <victims made desperate by abuse>
2b : involving or employing extreme measures in an attempt to escape defeat or frustration <made a desperate leap for the rope>
Have I lost hope?, I pray not; do I have ground for hope?, yes I have; Am I moved by despair?, yes indeed; Am I employed to take extreme measure to escape defeat or frustration? not to hurt or escape but to reach out again for the hope God has promised.
I trust in the Lord for answers yet I am being attacked by Satan to be defeated. I need to saturate my mind in scripture, call out in prayer, seek the Lord to fight Satan for I am weak. bjz
Psalm 142:1. "I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy. 2. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble. and vs. 6. Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pruse me, for they are too strong for me. 7. Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name...." NIV
Paul in his second letter to the Corinthians speaks of "great pressure" "beyond his ability to endure."
I have said from the start that it is God who has pointed me to scriptures of, "hope" and "joy." He is now telling me that even the disciples had despair, in their times of witnessing for and serving Him. I must endure this for but a moment in time for God, which seems like so much more time in my life here on earth.
Hope lives in me as it lives in our rural community, God is my source of hope, I pray He is yours too.
No comments:
Post a Comment