Sadness fills my heart in the early morning hours as I am unable to lie down to rest.
Searching the scriptures has not brought me the answers I am seeking.
Family and friends come and I share my sadness, and my tears. They bring to me a smile, some laughter and then the sadness fills me once again.
I am reading "The Source of My Strength" by Charles F. Stanley. I am only into the first chapter where I read about friendships, some are lifelong, some for a season of time and some are not meant to become true friendships.
Never sould I allow a friendship to replace the friendship I have with God. It is only God who I can trust, who can provide the things I need. If I rely on another relationship to provide all I need, God will find a way to end that relationship.
I Thessalonians 5:11 "So encourage each other and give each other strength, just as you are doing now."
Pain ebbs and flows like the tide of the sea. Words nor friends can take it from you. At times even giving it away to God brings fleeting relief. There is a mystery behind pain. It lets us know we are alive, created beings with feeling and emotion. If I could take it away from you I would want to, but....
ReplyDelete