On Tuesday June 7th our daughter with poise and composure endured difficult questions while under oath in her divorce proceedings. As I reflect on the six months she has waited for the judge to declare her divorce granted and recieve the sole custody of her three boys, I think of our waiting on the Lord.
Isaiah 40: 28-31 "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable. "He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and grow weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
My dear friends we must wait on the Lord, just as He promises He has given strength to our daughter, our family as we have waited. We will continue to wait for Him as He leads us to the knowledge of where and what has happened to our three boys.
God is faithful to all and the promises in Isaiah are for all who seek Him. We have confidence in those who lead the investigation that they too are waiting and they have been renewed and do have the strength to "run and not be weary, to walk and not faint."
The longing to have them home is so strong it would be so easy to become angry, discouraged, depressed and desprite. Should we allow this state of mind, we allow Satan to be in control. Instead we will turn to the Lord confess our thoughts and renew our strength.
It is difficult for us but as we pray for Andrew, Alex and Tanner, we must pray for John Skelton too, for he has the answer to where and why. It is just a matter of waiting for him to remember his love for these children and to be convicted in such a way he must tell the truth.
My prayer for all of you today is that God is renewing your strength, that you can "run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint." Amen
Very well said dear Bev--I personally have been struggling to forgive John Skelton so as to free my heart from a laughing devil and return my heart to Jesus--and I find that I have to forgive over and over because it is SO easy for the hatred to creep back in. Your comments and thoughts are inspired--as you have asked God to lift your burden it has made way for great insight and peace to enter your soul and I say thank you for sharing....Love Cherie
ReplyDeleteThanks Cherie, I continue to look to you as my role model throughout life. You have wisdom and knowledge that only God provides and for this I am thankful. Thank you Sis, Love, Bev
ReplyDelete