Friday, June 24, 2011

MaybeToday is the Day.

Before I crawl out of bed each day I say to our Lord, "Maybe today is the day Andrew, Alex and Tanner will come home." Then I make a decison to rise and enjoy each moment I have for this day, yet the moments are clouded with sadness.

I was reading David Graham's blog for his seriously ill daughter, Lauren.  He relates how sadness comes and goes with him as he visits his daugher, laying in a coma in a FL hospital.

I turn to scripture to hear:

"This is the day the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I do rejoice, as the quiet rain falls I can sit hear at my kitchen table and see the beauty of blooming flowers and birds busy flying about having a meal or playing.  "Thank you Lord for this day."

I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)." John 10:10

As I read this scripture I cannot help but smile as I recall the excitement Tanner, Jarrett and Kennadi have for life.  It is a family personality characteristic I am thankful these three have.  "Today Lord, I will enjoy life in honor of you first these three second!"

The Lord has given me so much to enjoy life with, as I continue to be faithful He is giving me even more.  Satan has entered my life and has taken a bit of my joy, that has left me with sadness.  Again, I will not let satan win, he cannot destroy me, my faith continues to be in the Lord Jesus, maker of heaven and earth, who came as a man, lived, loved, bled and died for me. 

I invite you to live your life to the fullest with joy and thanksgiving, do not let Satan steal your moments.  But, you have to invite Christ into your life, it is as simple as that.

May joy fill your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment