This morning I am reminded to train in the off-season as a Christian just as the athletes do. Training to be ready when their season begins, gaining strength, confidence and ability to obtain the win.
As a Christian, I too need to be in-training to be ready for the upcoming life events. How do I train? Attend God's training session allowing Him to coach me through His Word, our prayer time, studying and building within my mind and heart the Word so I too gain strength, confidence, and the ability to face lifes events, be that here with Emma Lynn or at Ford Field.
As I have grieved the loss of loved ones the past six months, including the loss of Andrew, Alex and Tanner, I found God's truth a comfort and strength. I admit for the past 4-6 weeks I have settled into a routine once again of not spending the first and last moments of my day with God.
I do not understand why this happens, I know I do not function well without the closeness of God with me every moment of everday. It is a comfort to know he has not stopped coaching, it is I who have stopped attending the practice.
So today, I am back at my training, enough of the missed practice sessions. Time to get prepared for the events of life, they are going to happen and I am not prepared.
I am praying for you and your events, have you been to practice lately?
2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (NIV)
John 8:31-32, “To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’” (NIV)
1 Timothy 4:7, “Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourselves to be godly.” (NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment