Saturday, July 30, 2011

Man's Judgement vs. God's Judgement

As I woke on Thurs, July 28th I began to feel the nervousness for the day our family was about to have.  You see on Wed. July 27th at 3:30 p.m our daughter, Tanya received word to be in court the next morning, John Skelton and his lawyer had requested, to accept a plea bargain.

My thoughts were of Andrew, Alex and Tanner, are we getting justice for them?  No my mind is screaming!

God comes to me in my thoughts and He says excuse me Bev, I love Andrew, Alex and Tanner and I know.

You see no legal path we have here on earth begins to compare to the path God has for us.  God knows and He is taking care of Andrew, Alex and Tanner and the justice they deserve.

Still I am anxious for I know what is going to happen.  It was to be kept quiet, immediate family only, no cameras, few reporters, a select few the prosecutor can trust to keep quiet, until after the hearing.

But I know, my cell phone our land line is already ringing by 8 p.m. Wed. evening.  We do not answer, even though this is the one reporter we trust.  The voice mail says his station has been contacted through another source and he wants to be sure we are aware of the hearing.

When the same number comes up early Thurs. morning we decide that we will answer and do not avoid confirming that there is a court hearing and Tanya has been asked to appear.  Nothing more.

At 10:15 a.m. the judge enters the courtroom and the hearing begins 15 min. early.  It did not take long maybe 45 min. to an hour.  But in that time the emotions start to flood, as the reality of the very short term John Skelton will serve in prison for taking away the lives of Andrew, Alex and Tanner.

As Judge Margret Noe reads the investigators reports of accounts given them by John Skelton in the first days of the investigation, the flood that was flowing from within us escaltes.  Tanya and I are crying know, Chief Weeks brings a box of kleenex.

How can a man who fathered children.....?  How did we not know this day was coming?  Who is this man that sits in this courtroom?

Judge Noe accepts the "no contest" from John Skelton to involuntary imprisonment, a maximun term of 15 yrs. for each count.  The state of MI does not allow concurrent, it will be served consecitively.  Discouraged.  Judge Noe informs him Tanya can file a civil suit and a murder investigation is ongoing.  He may face more charges. (I know he will face God's judgement and that is for eternity)

Where are Andrew, Alex and Tanner? Are they still living?  Are they being kept by an underground organization and what has happened to their appearance and their personalities?

I want to be angry, I want closure, I want to know!!  Yet, as the time moves forward I know, the time has not come for answers, there is a reason I do not understand.

God knows. 

Bev, "Trust in me, with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight, in all your ways acknowledge me, and I will make your path straight.  Don't rely on your wisdom, trust me and turn away from evil! I will heal your flesh and you will be refreshed! Love, God (my own Proverbs 3:5-8)

Dear God, thanks for the note, I needed that as you know.  I am discouraged as you also know.  It is just an earthly court that is handing down judgement for the freedom of John Skelton.  I do not want him free to live his life, because Andrew, Alex and Tanner do not get to live the lives you created them for.  I do not understand, and so I will not rely on my insight for you tell me not to and I trust you.  I do and will continue to acknowledge you, for you will hold my hand as I travel this path called life. I do trust you, forgive me Lord when I begin to turn toward evil, I need healing and I need to be refreshed in your word!  Your will for Andrew, Alex and Tanner Lord, not mine.  Thank you in Jesus name who bled and died for me and for all, Bev  P.S. John Skelton needs you, he needs the Holy Spirit to fight the demons that live within him, how can I ask you to enter if he is not willing to accept you?  Just asking, I don't know how.

3 comments:

  1. these words can only come from a couragous christian woman. allthough life has been cruel and full of evil for the family, your ability to stand against this evil is inspireing to say the least. the strength you have held thru all of this shine's brightly in proof of your faith in god. i too am a christian but i could never say my faith compares to yours. i know i would crack under the mountainous preasure you and tanya and don have been thru. my heart bleeds for tanya,you and don. god will take care of the boys be they here on this earth or in eternity with him. your pain here on earth cannot match the glory you will recieve when your days ar thru and you go home to god. this tradgety has broken me to the extent that i cant talk of it openly with out anger unbecoming of a christian. so i stay quite and watch from a distance this thing i can not change or help resolve, and i leave it in the hands of god. one day tanner alex and andrew will be in yours and tanya's preasence again, be it here or in heaven and on that day life will be glorious again. love you all, Ron Apger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Bevie--thank you for your wonderful inspirational words--God speaks through you--I know sometimes you even amaze your self at the insight and truth we all need to hear--you were all very brave on court day and it is just another step along the path---I am continuing to try to go forward on my own path to forgive John and receive the peace that goes along with that process and I pray for God to enter and cleanse his heart. I am proud of you all--I pray for you all--I have no doubt God has the boys in the palm of his hand and I say thank you Bevie for leading us and for inspiring us to keep on the right path. Love c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Bev, YOU are amazing in every way and your faith is such a testimony!! You and Tanya and your whole family have been through such trials and pain and loss that should never be suffered by anyone and yet your faith remains strong. Maybe we go through things on this earth so that we can help others who suffer, I don't know....... but I do know that the pain you and Tanya and Don and your whole family have endured shouldn't ever ever ever have to be felt by anyone but in this horrible tragedy YOU can help others and do every day. You should publish your blog because your words are so powerful and your forgiveness and genuine love is amazing. YOU are amazing!! I love you and your family is in my prayers daily.

    Marnette

    ReplyDelete