Exodus 14:13-14 "But Moses answered, "don't be afraid! Stand still and you will see the Lord save you today. You will never see these Egyptians again after today. You only need to remain calm; the Lord will fight for you."
Most of us know the account of the Red Sea, the Egyptians were unable to turn their chariots around and the sea wall engulfed them, not one was saved. The Israelties traveled through on dry ground as the Lord held the sea back on their right and on their left.
The Lord fought for them.
Our world is troubled, it is filled with greed, lust and crime.
I ponder on this phrase from Exodus "stand still," surely this does not mean I should not continue to keep the awareness of our "missing" boys alive.
As a family we continue to wear shirts, bracelets, distribute flyers, and even travel with the Missing/Reward flyer on our vehicles.
"Stand still," in my heart and mind as the investigators continue to do their job. God has a plan for the "coming home," of Andrew, Alex and Tanner. God is fighting for them and all the "missing" in our world.
Are we all "missing" missing from the relationship God has for us? If so, it is time to turn to God, to cry out for Him to hear us. God will save us, it is his desire for all to come to him.
If I may I want to change my theme here, for we are home from a 3 1/2 day camping trip. Yes, we went to Harrison Lake the state park of our choice. This was the highlight of our camping last year with many family members.
We camped with Dean & Pokey, our cousins; Tennille and family. We enjoyed our camping as we shared our time together. We walked to the lake to take in the beauty of nature, we vistied the rocks the kids all love to climb and sit on (breaking a rule).
We met and developed new frienships, David and Karen from the Defiance area have been praying for our family since the boys went missing. They took a magnetic sign for thier auto, flyers and bracelets. We exchanged contact info with them and their daughters with Tennille.
I met a mother of 6, when she saw my shirt and realized who I was shared with me that just that morning she went to prayer for the boys and for us. She had seen a father walking his boys and it reminded her of our boys.
Thank you Dear Jesus for the love you give to me, my family and all your children. I am truely blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment