Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sacrifice

Pastor Dave Mathis suggested we pick our word for Easter, then do a bibical study on it.  I chose "sacrifice" and I am discovering new thoughts and meaning for sacrifice.

In 2 Corinthians the fourth chapter I discover as a believer I carry in my body the death of Christ, so that his life may live in me. 

In Hebrews chapter 13 I learn that my offering a sacrifice of praise, doing good and sharing with other are sacrifices that please God.

I read in 1 Samuel chapther 15 that obeying the voice of God is greater that burnt offerings.

And in Hosea chapter 6 I discover that God desires steadfast love more that sacrifices.

I now have even more responsibility for awareness of my actions and thoughts as I live my daily life.  I must sing praise to God, do good for others and share what I have, for God is pleased with this type of sacrifice. 

Obeying the voice of God, listen He is everywhere, most times He is not audiable but more in a thought, an action, a person and even in nature.

To be steadfast in my love for God means even when I am not on my knees or in the house of worship, when my emotions are hurting or angry, even then I must stay steadfast in my love for God.

As I approach this time of  Easter and continue to ponder on my sacrifice for God.  I have to believe that the loss of Andrew Ryan, Alexander William and Tanner Lucas is a sacrifice I share with my family, freinds, not only with our community but the surrounding communities and states as well.

I have given my anger to God and this too is a sacrifice that I now know pleases God.

Thank you Jesus for coming to earth, living as a man and taking on my sins that I may live eternally.  Leaving your legacy and your spirit that I may know how to live.  Amen

2 comments:

  1. Well put, Bev. This is the verse I always think of when I think of sacrifice...

    Rom 12:1 Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. That's the most sensible way to serve God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wilda, I like the verse too! There are so many verses I have yet to explore on sacrifice. I am so very thankful for God's word passed on to us!!

      Delete