Saturday, December 10, 2011

Favorite Things

I think I may just have borrowed that phrase from a Christmas Song. "These are a few of my favorite things."  Don't be misled here, I certaintly do not sing!  You will never see me doing kareoke (see I can't even spell the word!)

One of my favorite things is enjoying the early morning (no matter what time my early morning may be, you know us retired folks!).

I am sitting her with oh maybe the third cup of coffee at the kitchen table, enjoying the sun coming through the windows shining on what very little snow we have.  Pretty!

Yesterday was a very emotional day for me, so I went to bed early then slept 11 hrs. and crawled out after 12! 

When families go through a crisis or a tragedy, they experience all different emotions at different times, not all are on the same emotion as the exact same time.

I feel we have survived thus far, we have pulled from our faith, listened to God and have united in our bonds of holding us together.

You my dear friends have been a huge part of pulling us through and words cannot even begin to express how grateful I am!  Your thoughts and prayers united as one have reached God and we are stronger.  I pray you are too, you see I can't begin to mention each one of you by name but I certaintly can ask God to touch each of those praying for me, for my family.  I ask Him to get you through your days too.

I am reading Job, if you are going through any form of loss you may want to consider reading Job too.  Now here is a man of God who lost everything.  (oh by the way, this is another of my favorite things, getting to read my bible in the quiet of the day).

A very important decision has been made in the spiritual walk of Don and myself.  We have had 3 meetings with two pastors of different churches, pastor parish members and close friends.

Don and I will begin attending the Living Hope Free Methodist Church, we feel this is where God has been leading Don now for just over a year.

As a Christian wife I believe it is my duty to follow Don in this decison, for he is the head of the house.  It is with great emotion that I leave Morenci United Methodist Church. 

We will not be making this a permanent decison as we need to be sure we are following the Lords guidance and not just acting on emotions.

I close with one more favorite thing, attending worship with fellow belivers.  Everywhere a Chirstian goes we are bound to find fellow believers.

So, I will let my light shine, as the sun shines today and take this lead Don has presented with gladness.

Let your light shine and the world will be aglow in Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect words. Mom, I hope that as you began this new chapter, you will find your place also. God is who we need most of all to get us through and you must trust that he is leading you to where you will get the spiritual guidance you need. I hope you will love Living Hope as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You l ow I am praying for you and Don...praying for you all...praying for your three lost boys. Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete