Saturday, December 15, 2012

Newtown, Connecticut

Today I post with a very heavy heart.  I did not sleep until after 4 a.m. this morning. 
I know that Newtown Connecticut did not sleep last night. 

From inside of me I believe a Sibling collapsed, a Parent, Grandparent experienced anxiety, high blood pressure, chest pain or other symptons and was taken to an ER.

Someone has taken too much of their medication and cannot wake, for in sleep they do not acknowledge this is happening.  Someone is waking them to be sure they are okay then allowing sleep to engulf them once again.

Families are sitting side by side crying, hugging, screaming and just do not know how to go on.

Someone has held their Bible up and said, "I do not even know where to turn for your words God."

All are asking why?  Please God turn the clock back, make this go away.

Grandparents are asking why could it not have been me and not my Grandchild.   I have lived a full live, they had just begun theirs.

They are not ready to hear yet that their child is in the arms of Jesus.  But, they are and most likely went before the pain of the gunshot even met their body.

The survivor parents begin to feel guilt for the relieve they have, knowing 26 other parents cannot find any relieve.   

The minutes on the clock are moving forward and they do not want to move with them.  Yet, somehow they do.

They are in a fog of unbelieve, grief and anger wanting to lash out with no one to lash out at.

And so, I know and I cry with them, I grieve with them and I ask "Why?"

The news media as much as they are needed are taking a toll on Newtown and families across this nation.  Please "go away" we are saying, so we turn off the TV's radio's and other technology that brings the reports.  We pull our blinds so others cannot look in.  We do not answer our phones and other sources of communication.

We are in mourning.

"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31

Dear Jesus come, our strength is spent, we cannot walk and we are faint. We are mourning and we are angry and we want to know why? You are the great comforter and counselor and so I ask you to send your angels first to the families, the students and Newtown Connecticut and then the nation.   In Jesus name, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment